Unique to Port Elizabeth, this Mediterranean styled Country House, set on 6 acres of parklike grounds,enjoys panoramic views of rolling hills and pristine coastal forests with glimpses of Algoa Bay to the East. Large secluded pool area. Abundant bird-life. Amazing clear starlit nights. Tennis court.
- 5 x Luxury Rooms (full en suite / bath, shower & wc) with private balconies or patios.
- 5 x Garden Rooms (3 x full en suite / bath, shower & wc / 2 x en suite / shower & wc), originally stables.
- All rooms have separate entrances.
- (King OR Twin Beds available – as requested)
- Every room is equipped with fully stocked minibar, tea/coffee tray, complimentary sherry, hairdryer, TV
- with M-Net/DSTV, telephone, heater, overhead fan and underfloor-heated bathroom. Garden Rooms
- air-conditioned. WiFi in reception / communal areas. Laundry service.
- Full English or Continental breakfast included in our rates.
- Light lunches and teas are prepared on request.
- Superb, contemporary evening meals served but booking is advisable.
Ten to fifteen minutes from almost every facility and attraction available in Port Elizabeth, including the Airport (but not in flight path) and easy access to N2 / Garden Route. Airport transfers arranged.
We offer warm hospitality, excellent service and attention to detail which all enhance a visit
to La Provence – one night’s stay will not be time enough!
- Magnificent stretches of sandy beaches and warm, temperate seas
- Several golf courses, including The Humewood Links – tee off times arranged
- Horse rides on the beautiful Sardinia Bay Beach – bookings essential
- Walking/hiking trails – Sardinia Bay Beach, Sacramento Trail, Cape Recife and many more
- Historical Donkin Heritage Trail – Donkin Reserve, Fort Frederick, Campanile,
- Horse Memorial, No 7 Castle Hill Museum, Public Library, City Hall
- Art Galleries – King George VI, Cuyler Street, Ron Belling (Aviation)
- Museums – Red Location (tribute to political struggle), South End (Malay) and Air Force Museum
- Volkswagen Auto Pavillion (exhibition / history of VW motor cars)
- City and Township Tours – bookings arranged
- Casino, shopping complexes and restaurants
- McArthur Baths Swimming Pool Complex
- Bird watching trips (indigenous forest, fynbos, estuary and sea shore) – booking essential
- Ocean activities – whale/dolphin watching cruises, scuba diving, deep sea fishing
- Wildlife Parks – Seaview Lion Park, Kragga Kamma Game Park
- Addo Elephant National Park (45 min / 1 hr drive)
- Top Malaria-Free Private Game Reserves – bookings arranged
- Jeffrey’s Bay (shells / surfer’s paradise) and St Francis Bay (golf / unique architecture / canals)
- Grahamstown / Port Alfred (historical 1820 British Settler area / farming)
- Tsitsikamma / Van Staden’s Flower Reserve (panoramic views / indigenous flora)
- Baviaanskloof Wilderness Area – booking essential