The Mount Nelson Hotel is the most iconic luxury hotel in Cape Town situated within a sprawling lush garden estate in the heart of the city’s vibrant cultural centre and close to the bustling V&A Waterfront and some of Cape Town’s best beaches. The hotel is an urban sanctuary with a romantic heritage, a unique sense of style, and a commitment to unparalleled service excellence.
Whether travelling for business or leisure in Cape Town, a family holiday, a honeymoon or a solo adventure, the Mount Nelson Hotel is an elegant oasis in a world where privacy is the new luxury and pleasure is all about peace and serenity.
The hotel is an urban sanctuary with a romantic heritage, a unique sense of style, and a commitment to unparalleled service excellence.
Set at the foot of Table Mountain, the Mount Nelson Hotel is perfectly positioned for guests to experience the historic city centre and the resurgence of what many people refer to as the ‘new Cape Town’ – the trendy areas of Kloof and Long Street.
Located just a short stroll from the hotel lies the well-tendered Company’s Garden and the “Museum Mile”, a pedestrian avenue which is home to some of South Africa’s finest museums, art galleries and historical monuments.
The Hotel boasts six individual accommodation wings, each with its own unique character, private gardens and facilities. The 201 spacious rooms & suites are individually decorated and feature the latest in 21st century conveniences. The Mount Nelson Hotel boasts four individual wings, separated from the Main Hotel, each with its own unique character, private gardens and facilities. This arrangement provides guests with unparalleled privacy and seclusion, all with the spectacular backdrop of Table Mountain.
Each of the 57 suites and 144 bedrooms at the Mount Nelson Hotel are individually furnished and provided with fully appointed private bathrooms. All rooms and suites are non-smoking and are equipped with individually controlled air-conditioning units, luxurious 100% cotton linen and non-allergenic foam pillows.
Each room has a data port for high speed internet access and there is wireless internet connectivity throughout the hotel (Please note: additional charge applies for internet usage). Electricity voltage throughout the hotel is 220V. International conversion adaptors are available from the concierge desk upon request.
The luxurious bathrooms are furnished with toiletries, sewing kits, hairdryers, bathroom scales, shaver sockets and shaver mirrors. Special facilities include inter-leading rooms, paraplegic facilities and view requests – a choice of the gardens, Table Mountain, the swimming pool, private courtyard and private balconies are available on request.
Other services offered are daily newspapers, 24 hour medical support, bottled water, 24 hour in-room dining and an on-site guest laundry service. The bedrooms are serviced twice daily. A complimentary shuttle service is available for trips within a ten kilometre radius of the hotel between 9am and 9pm daily. Bookings must be made with the Traveldesk at least 24 hours in advance.
Fine dining has long been a tradition at the Mount Nelson Hotel. We are proud to offer our guests a choice of venues, each with its own individual style, for you to enjoy the very best cuisine in Cape Town.
The Cape Colony is renowned for its food, prepared with an abundance of fresh local produce and tantalizing spices to surprise and delight the palate. Bistro-style al fresco dining is offered in the Oasis Restaurant, and famous Afternoon Teas are served daily in the Lounge. Our stylish bar, Planet, provides the perfect setting for sipping champagne and cocktails under the African night sky.
- A few of the most recent prestigious awards and accolades Mount Nelson Hotel has earned…
- World Travel Awards 2009 : ’Africa’s Leading Hotel’
- Tripadvisor ‘Traveler’s Choice’ 2009 : featured in the Top 10 ‘Best Luxury Hotels Africa’
- Voted one of the ‘Best City Hotels in the World’ by the Telegraph Travel Awards 2008
- Winner of the ‘Leading Hotel in Africa’ award, World Travel Awards Africa Gala Ceremony 2008
- Winner of the ‘Best Hotel in Africa/Indian Ocean’, Daily Telegraph’s Ultratravel One Hundred Awards 2008
- Daily Telegraph UK Travel Awards 2007: voted ‘Best Hotel in Africa’
- Travel + Leisure ‘World’s Best Awards’ 2007: featured in the Top 100 Greatest Hotels
- Travel + Leisure ‘World’s Best Awards’ 2007: featured in the Top 25 Africa and Middle East Hotels List
- World Travel Awards 2007: ‘Leading Hotel in Africa’ and ‘Leading Hotel in South Africa’
- AA Travel Awards 2006: Gold Achiever award for highest accommodation, facilities and service standards in South Africa
- Diners Club Wine list Award of Excellence 2006: Wine List of the Year for the Cape Colony Restaurant
- World Travel Awards 2006: Mount Nelson Hotel voted ‘Best Hotel in Africa’ and ‘Best Hotel in South Africa’