Situated at the beautifully protected sanctuary of Schulphoek Bay with spectacular uninterrupted sea views, 5 km from Hermanus Town Center
Hermanus was voted the Rapport/Van Loveren 2008/2009 Town of the Year
- One hour’s drive from Cape Town International Airport
- Whale viewing from July to early December from the luxury of the Guest House
- Close to all major Overberg attractions: the August Kalfie Fees and September Hermanus Whale Festival Overberg wine routes
- Nature Reserves
- Golf courses
- Danger Point Lighthouse
- Great White Shark Adventure
- Horse riding on the beaches and with the wild horses
Private and up-market accommodation
- 7 suites
- Interactive hosts
- Restaurant with fresh herbs and vegetables picked daily from our potager
- Wine and liquor (fully licensed)
- Wine cellar with 7 000+ bottles of regional wine
- Espresso and cappuccino coffee
- Private summer house with heated salt swimming pool
- Wellness Therapies on request and by appointment
- Satellite TV
- Close to beautiful beaches
- Boat based fishing trips
- In season crayfish, reef fishing all year (the catch is prepared in our kitchen for our guests)
- Rock fishing (South Africa’s national fish the Galjoen, when in season, is a favourite)
- Picnic baskets
- Romantic honeymoon getaway
- Secure on-site parking
- Children welcome by arrangement only
- We follow an interactive policy at Schulphoek where information and assistance is offered of the surrounding area
We operate a full commercial open-plan kitchen staffed with a chef -fresh seafood and venison dishes
are our favourites espresso and cappuccino coffee served
We are fully licensed and have 7 000+ bottles of regional
South African red and white wines to choose from
Awarded the Diners Club Platinum Class Cellar Award and Gold Wine list Award
A heated salt swimming pool with body therapy by appointment
NO SMOKING IN ROOMS
Come and relax in the stylish atmosphere where an eclectic mix of old and new Africa merges with the sea and makes watching whales and dolphins in the bay from the lounge and diningroom area seem that much more of an intimate experience
There are seven double rooms all en-suite & luxuriously fitted meeting with international standards
The bedrooms have immense charm and character, each individually decorated with fine linens, offering privacy and exclusivity with subtle touches of luxury
The bathrooms are unique with environmentally friendly soaps and shampoos, terrycloth gowns and slippers, and warmed bath sheets to wrap yourself up in total splendour.
Situated on the entire first floor , with a magnificent uninterrupted sea view, with king bed, dressing room, spa-bath, double shower, bidet, wc, 2 x basin , tv & dvd , radio & cd, air conditioning.
Garden suite with king bed, 2 person spa-bath, shower, bidet, basin, wc, tv & dvd, radio & cd, air conditioning.
Garden suite with queen bed, 2 person spa-bath, shower, bidet, basin, wc, tv & dvd, radio & cd, fireplace, air conditioning.
Garden suite, two single beds (king) , spa-bath, shower, two basins, bidet, wc, fireplace, tv & dvd, radio, air conditioning plus a small second bedroom with a standard single bed, tv+video,.
Garden suite with two single beds (king),1 person spa-bath, shower, two basins, bidet, wc, tv & dvd, radio, air conditioning.
Large garden suite with Queen bed, shower, bath, two basins, wc, tv & dvd, radio, air conditioning.
Garden suite with double e/length bed, shower, bath, two basins, wc, tv & dvd, radio, air conditioning.
Superb beds 100% percale cotton overhead fans wall-heaters safes, books & magazines heated towel rails comfortable seating built-in cupboards desks, air-conditioning gowns and slippers mohair blankets / goose down / silk duvets, radio & clock hair-dryer coffee, tea, sherry and mineral water ‘honesty’ self sevice bar in dining room
Schulphoek Guesthouse is well known for its delectable food. Fresh seafood and in-season shellfish, as well as venison are our favourites. Our professional, superbly appointed LACANCHE kitchen is staffed with a talented local chef, who will happily create a menu around your tastes and preferences. All of this is complemented with a wine collection of over 7 000 bottles of regional South African white and red wine. Schulphoek Guesthouse proudly holds Diners Club Platinum Cellar awards and a Gold Wine List award. Enjoy espresso and cappuccino.
Guesthouse Facilities & Activities
- whale watching from sea view guest lounge
- sea view dining room with four course dinners
- light lunches on request
- picnic baskets on request
- wine & liquor (fully licensed)
- honesty bar
- espresso & cappuccino
- Summerhouse with heated salt pool
- Wellness therapies on request and by appointment
- satellite TV
Guesthouse Amenities & Services
- interactive hosts
- daily outings planned
- chef & professional kitchen
- over 7 000 bottles of wine in wine cellar
- espresso coffee machine
- ice machine
- car valet
- on-site parking
- children by arrangement