Kleins Camp – Serengeti – Tanzania (Luxury)
Perched on the edge of the Kuka Hills, ten thatched cottages with whitewashed walls and rich wooden floors look down to the valleys below. The stone interiors of the guest areas open up to breathtaking panoramas and deep leather armchairs invite you to while away the midday hours. In the evening, guests gather around blazing fireplaces to share the adventures of the day. Fine linen, silver and china sparkle in the candlelight of the open dining areas, while mouth-watering aromas drift through from the camp kitchen.
With unbroken views over a gorgeous game-filled valley and the hills beyond, which play host to one of the greatest wildlife migrations on earth, Klein’s Camp embodies the very soul of the Serengeti.
This private and remote camp offers guests the spirit of wild Africa – wooded hillsides, rolling grasslands and forested river banks all teeming with the rich wildlife of this natural sanctuary lie sprawled at your feet.
Set in a landscape that is gentle yet rugged, Klein’s reflects the heart of this untamed land with a vintage safari style.
Why stay at Kleins Camp
- Set in a wilderness concession in the legendary Serengeti
- Night drives and game walks in the wilderness concession
- In the path of the annual Great Migration of hundreds of thousands of wildebeest and zebras
- Breathtaking views over the Serengeti from the edge of the Kuka Hills
Set just below the crest of the Kuka Hills, Klein’s Camp overlooks the vital corridor linking the Serengeti and the Masai Mara. Twice a year, the valleys below are filled with a jostling throng of zebra and wildebeest. Sweeping views of the surrounding valleys and hills provide hours of endless entertainment, with resident giraffe and elephant often spotted moving leisurely on the nearby slopes.
With just ten thatched stone cottages, Klein’s Camp provides an experience that is both personal and intimate. Whitewashed walls and rich wooden floors, combined with soft cream furnishings, create a calm and soothing refuge from the adventures of the day. Inspired by the breathtaking natural backdrop, relax on your private veranda with a pair of binoculars, or indulge your inner artist with a sketch book or watercolours. When night falls, snuggle down in your canopied bed and listen to the sounds of Africa unfold around you.
Boasting one of the finest views in Africa, even the swimming pool at Klein’s Camp overlooks smoky views of distant hills. The stone interiors of the guest areas open up to breathtaking panoramas, with open fireplaces carefully positioned to keep the chill away. Stone floors and deep leather armchairs invite you to while away the midday hours in comfort, with bound tomes and classic African memorabilia for company. Fine linen, silver and china sparkle in the candlelight in the open dining area, while mouth-watering aromas announce the arrival of hearty meals.
Activities included at Klein’s Camp
At Klein’s Camp, it is our passion to share our knowledge and understanding of the bush and its inhabitants with our guests. Our highly trained guides and Maasai trackers will do their very utmost to delight our guests with a choice of the following activities:
• Twice daily game drives – explore the endless plains of the Serengeti on early morning and late afternoon / evening game drives in an open 4×4 safari vehicle. Morning game drives begin as the sun is rising and the nocturnal predators are ending their nightly hunts. There is always the chance of seeing a pride of lion lingering over last night’s kill or a leopard relaxing on a branch where it has wedged its prey. The smaller denizens of the bush come to life as the daylight hours make it easier for them to spot any predators still on the prowl. In the late afternoon, sit in the midst of antelope, buffalo and elephant as they make their way down to the river, either singly or in herds, for a last, refreshing drink. When the Great Migration moves through the Klein’s Camp area, game drives will concentrate on the massed herds and the various carnivores that accompany them. Klein’s Camp is also the only lodge in the Serengeti to offer night drives, which allow guests to experience the nocturnal world of the mighty hunters and predators
• Interpretive bush walks – in between morning and afternoon game drives explore the sights, smells and sounds of the African bush on a leisurely walk in the surrounds of the Camp, accompanied by an armed guide and Maasai tracker. Guests may encounter mountain reedbuck, klipspringer and rock hyrax on the rocky slopes surrounding Klein’s Camp. Majestic birds of prey can be seen soaring high above the heads of the walkers on the strong thermals of the Serengeti.
More Tanzania Accommodation
Don’t believe us, read independent reviews from past clients.
AFRICAN SAFARI SPECIALISTS
Let us design your African safari with a variety of safari destinations – Our expertise includes travel and safaris in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Kenya and Tanzania.
African Welcome Safaris offers a highly personalised service. With a dedicated travel consultant catering to all your travel needs. Our passion is creating your holiday of a lifetime.