Tswalu lies in the southern Kalahari, in South Africa’s Northern Cape Province.
How to get to Tswalu
Tswalu operates its own daily scheduled service direct to the reserve’s own airstrip.
- Departures from BOTH Cape Town International and Johannesburg OR Tambo
- Departures from Signature executive hangar (CPT) or Anglo American private hangar (JNB) respectively
- Fly in Pilates PC12, exclusive pressurised private aircraft
- Luggage allowance of 12kg per person in a soft sided bag plus one hand-held item
Rates valid from 1 January 2011 to 31 December 2011
- Johannesburg R2,800 per person one way
- Johannesburg R5,500 per person return
- Cape Town R3,300 per person on way
- Cape Town R6,500 per person return
Tswalu’s runway lies within the reserve and is of the highest standard
Alternative transport arrangements
Take a scheduled South African Airlines or SA Express flight to Upington or Kimberley
- Charter flights from both Upington and Kimberley are available
Driving to Tswalu
You can choose to drive to Tswalu by road; a good percentage of our guests do so.
Recommended route from Johannesburg – distance approximately 650km