If you use this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Intellectual Property Rights
All the content on this site, including text, graphics, logos, icons, designs, colours, layout and trademarks are the intellectual property of African Welcome Safaris and its associates and are as such protected by South African and International Intellectual Property Law.
Although African Welcome Safaris endeavours to provide accurate, up-to-date and truthful information on this site, neither African Welcome Safaris nor any of its employees, agents and associates make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly, tacitly or implied, as to the operation of the site, the information, content, materials and products included and available from this site.
Change to User Agreement
African Welcome Safaris reserves the right to make changes to this site and this user agreement at any time without notice.
Booking Terms and Conditions
In order to confirm a reservation, African Welcome Safaris requires a 25% deposit payment at the time of making your booking. Failure to do so will result in your reservation automatically being cancelled. The balance of payment is due 45 days prior to the commencement date of your itinerary. Bookings made within 45 days prior to departure are subject to full prepayment at the time of confirming the reservation.
Full payment for any flights booked will be required within 24 hours, in order to guarantee said flight costs
Please note that should you have been quoted in foreign currency, only direct bank transfers as a payment method with be accepted. The South African Reserve Bank prohibits South African companies from taking foreign credit card payments and keeping the payment in foreign currency.
Clients are welcome to settle payment by means of a bank transfer in a foreign currency – in this instance the amount will be converted by your bankers on presentation of our invoice or our bank into Rands, on arrival into South Africa. It is the client’s responsibility to inform and instruct their bankers that the net invoice amount must equal the funds clearing into the African Welcome Safaris bank account and that ALL bank charges are for the client’s account.
Flights and Payment
Please note that in the event of flights being booked and secured by African Welcome Safaris on behalf of the client, payment is required by credit card because of the time delay of securing funds to us when paying by bank transfer. Airlines require the full names of passengers as printed on the passports and will not accept changes once tickets are issued. African Welcome Safaris accepts no responsibility for incorrect passport numbers or incorrect spelling of full names. Please ensure that you provide accurate information to African Welcome Safaris.
Our Standard Cancellation Policy: – Cancellation prior to 8 weeks of travel – Full 25 % deposit is forfeited – Cancellation 8 weeks – 46 days prior to travel – 50% of total cost is forfeited
– Cancellation less than 45 days or less prior to travel – 100% of total cost is forfeited
Please note – In certain instances our suppliers Terms & Conditions may differ to the above, or during Peak and Festive Seasons. Should this be the case, African Welcome Safaris will inform you on booking
Financial Peace of mind
African Welcome Safaris offers all clients complimentary financial protection. We are SATSA bonded. This protection doesn’t cover medical expenses, lost luggage, air fares or cancellation expenses and we therefore recommend that you take out additional cover in this regard.
Passports and Children
Please note that anyone traveling to Southern Africa must have two consecutive blank pages in their passport which lie side by side when the passport is open (i.e. a left- and a right-hand page). Passengers traveling to Southern Africa with passports which do not comply with these requirements, will either be stopped from boarding the aircraft or risk deportation on arrival in Southern Africa. In addition, a parent traveling with children, without the other parent, will need a letter of consent from the absent parent. The letter of consent must be certified by the police.
Comprehensive Travel Insurance is required by all clients who have booked with African Welcome Safaris.
You acknowledge that without such travel insurance, you will be responsible for all costs arising from any cancellation, re-routing or rescheduling of your trip or any emergency (medical or other) that may arise during your travels. In the event of you failing to purchase adequate insurance cover, you will not hold African Welcome Safaris responsible for any harm or loss that you may suffer.
CORONA VIRUS CANCELLATIONS POLICY [ Effective 16 March 2020 till further notice ]
We are urging all clients with existing bookings DO NOT CANCEL YOUR TRIP, CHANGE THE DATES AND POSTPONE TRAVEL AND LET US SAVE TOURISM TOGETHER !
- Confirmed bookings for which we have received a deposit or full payment, will be secured should you (or your clients) decide it unsafe to travel.
- Bookings can be amended up to 12 (twelve) months from the original arrival date. Please note only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the season change to a higher rate season, the new rate will apply. **
- In the event that you (or your clients) do not travel within 12 (twelve) months of the original arrival date, dependent on our suppliers specific terms and conditions, normal cancellation policies will be in force
- The above will only apply if we have received the required deposit or the full payment to confirm your reservation.
** Note – These are the general new terms offered by hotels and lodges. Certain Lodges / hotels / destinations may have slightly different terms and we will refer back to these on a booking by booking basis, so please contact us pertaining to your specific booking
Each and every booking will be looked at on a case by case basis at the time.
We are monitoring the situation constantly and should circumstances change, we will reassess the situation accordingly.
- In order for us to ride out this global epidemic storm as a privately owned travel & tourism business, we are unable to offer any refunds at this time.
- We trust that our partners and guests understand our situation; we are doing all we can to work with our guests and partners to find mutually agreeable solutions.
- This step is necessary to ensure that our business can continue to operate through these difficult times so that we will be here for you when the storm blows over.
- We reserve the right to make changes to these new terms and conditions at any time and will send out notifications.
- As soon as the Corona Virus epidemic has been contained we will revert back to our original terms and conditions for bookings.
You may have missed some fantastic destinations, if so here they are again, enjoy.
AFRICAN SAFARI SPECIALISTS
Let us design your African safari with a variety of safari destinations – Our expertise includes travel and safaris in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Kenya and Tanzania.
African Welcome Safaris offers a highly personalised service. With a dedicated travel consultant catering to all your travel needs. Our passion is creating your holiday of a lifetime.