Drakensberg World Heritage Tour
- Departs Tue, Thu, Sat between 06h00 and 06h30
- Returns at ±17h30
- Lunch included
As if the stunning mountain scenery of the Drakensberg Mountains were not enough, our visit to the World Heritage Site of Giant’s Castle incorporates a viewing of the enigmatic Bush-man paintings.
- Enjoy a 3km round trip hike to the site of the caves adorned with the Bushman’s legacy (average level of fitness required).
- Guided tour of the Bushman paintings, dating back 2 000 years.
- After working up an appetite, enjoy a hearty lunch, which is included.
- Return to Durban via the Midlands Meander route, with its many craft and farmers markets.
The beauty of the undulating Drakensberg Mountain range is indisputable, but in addition to travelling through such breathtaking vistas, we’re going to visit the World Heritage Site of Giant’s Castle and the enigmatic Bushman paintings in the vicinity.
They’re not far, so we set off on foot for a leisurely 3km round hike to the site of the caves to discover this magical legacy of the bushmen (moderate fitness level required).
Our guide will share his knowledge of the paintings which date back 2 000 years. We’re bound to have built up an appetite, so we’ll tuck into the hearty lunch laid on.
Our return to Durban is via the charming Midlands Meander Route, a community of country crafters and farmers who produce quality wares and live enviable country lives.
This rural area is extremely appealing, and you’ll find it an appropriate way to unwind after this energetic day.