3 Nights Zambezi Queen Experience
A stay on-board Zambezi Queen is a different kind of safari. It’s the kind where you get to decide if you want to be up with the birds, or prefer to laze all morning watching game from the comfort of your bed. Our itinerary is flexible so while we have a range of activities on offer, you can choose just how much you want to pack into your holiday or how relaxed you want to be.
Don’t think of your time on Zambezi Queen as a river cruise. Instead, think of it as a floating boutique hotel that departs and returns to the same point, navigating roughly 25km of the Chobe River weather permitting. You’ll first arrive at the Zambezi Queen via a short tender boat ride from the Kasane Immigration Office. We offer staggered transfer times on the hour between 13:00 and 16:00, so you can arrive at your own pace and don’t have to worry about missing the boat.
Day 1 Arrival Zambezi Queen
PLEASE NOTE THIS IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION:
- Make sure that you get your passport stamped at the airport when you enter Botswana
- You’ll then be met by a representative at the airport who will help with your luggage and transfer you to the Kasane Immigration Office (KIO)in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Once you arrive at KIO, a Zambezi Queen Collection staff member will meet you and help with formalities at passport control as you exit Botswana
- You’ll then be transferred by a smaller tender boat with a Zambezi Queen Collection staff member to the Namibian Immigration Office
- You then need to get your passport stamped at the Namibian Immigration Office.Please wear comfortable shoes, as there is a short walk to the immigration office
If you arrive with the 13:00 and 14:00 transfers, you’ll be served lunch, while if you’re transferred at 15:00 or 16:00 you’ll be served a snack before the sunset cruise by tender boat starts. Once all our guests have boarded in the late afternoon, after a safety breathing and if the weather permits, we’ll go in search of some big game by tender boat. This is the perfect time of day to make the most of that golden glow of the African sunset by getting some iconic shots of the animals as they gravitate towards the river before night falls.
Return back to the Zambezi Queen and freshen up before meeting your host on the upper deck with a welcome drink. After taking in the spectacular scenery, you’ll make your way to the dining room where you’ll be served a delectable three-course dinner along with an excellent choice of paired wines. Finish off with an espresso or nightcap at the bar before retiring to the night sounds of Africa in the distance.
We know that some guests like to watch the sunrise as they sip on their coffee while others like to take a more leisurely approach. That’s why we let you choose your morning activities, depending on the type of holiday you’re searching for. Perhaps you want to enjoy a water-based safari or a village tour on the Namibian side of the river?
Or perhaps you’d prefer a spot of bird watching or fishing instead? You may even decide to simply remain on board as the luxurious Zambezi Queen glides its way along the banks of the Chobe River.
After your morning activities, enjoy lunch on board while using your unique vantage point to spot wild animals and drink in the expansive views. Join our guide in the afternoon for a water-based safari on a tender boat where you can get up close to an array of wildlife, including some of the 120 000 elephants for which the Chobe is well known. After a delicious dinner, settle down for a restful and tranquil night in your luxurious suite.
You’ve made a wise choice – you have a whole extra day to enjoy the delights of Zambezi Queen.
After a hearty breakfast, head off to experience those activities you didn’t manage to fit in yesterday: enjoy a water-based river safari by tender boat, go bird watching or go fishing for tiger or bream. Return for lunch on board and some relaxation time before the afternoon activities start. Again, you have the choice between tiger or bream fishing, game viewing by tender boat or bird watching. In the evening, you’re in for a treat. Enjoy our traditional African dinner, served with festive African singing and dancing. You can even join in the festivities if you feel like it!
Enjoy a morning cruise during breakfast as you do your last bit of animal spotting and take some memorable pictures. Bid our crew a reluctant farewell and then make your way via boat to the Namibian Immigration Office. Once you’ve had your documents stamped you’ll be transferred via boat to the Kasane Immigration Office where you’ll have your documents stamped once again before entering Botswana.
GET A NIGHT ON US!
– Valid for travel between 1 November 2019 and 31 March 2020 –
Take advantage of our pay stay special and get a night on us when you book for 3 or 4 nights. Choose from the luxurious Zambezi Queen, her three Chobe Princess houseboats or the secluded Ichingo Chobe River Lodge on Impalila Island.
Our all-inclusive package takes care of every detail from accommodation to delicious dining including all meals, local drinks, and refreshments. Join in a number of other exciting activities including scenic photographic and birding safaris, game viewing and a cultural village tour – all included in your stay!
Ichingo Chobe River Lodge welcomes guests for arrival any day of the week.
Please note that set arrival and departure dates apply for the Zambezi Queen and Chobe Princess:
4 night sailing– Arrive: Monday | Depart: Friday (3 night sailing rate applies)
Valid October – December 2019
In a Standard Suite ZAR 29,400 per adult
In a Master Suite ZAR 34,692 per adult
Valid January – February 2020 ( Low Season )
In a Standard Suite ZAR 26,438 per adult
In a Master Suite ZAR 31,196 per adult
Valid March – December 2020 ( High Season )
In a Standard Suite ZAR 32,046 per adult
In a Master Suite ZAR 37,814 per adult
Costs inclusive of:
- Accommodation, all meals, soft drinks, mineral water, coffee, tea, and local beer & wine
- Water-based game viewing and bird watching on tender boats
- A land-based cultural tour of a local village
- Tiger & bream fishing in season (tiger fishing is strictly catch and release)
- Road Transfers to and from Kasane Airport and Kasane Immigration Office located on the Botswana side of the Chobe river*
- Boat transfers between Kasane Immigration Office in Botswana and Namibia Immigration Office*
*When arriving at the Kasane and Namibian Immigration Offices guests need to fill in the required immigration forms to gain access and departure permission from the relevant authorities. This process can take between 45 to 60 minutes to complete and needs to be considered in terms of timing and pre-planning when coming to stay on the Zambezi Queen.
Costs exclusive of:
- Air tickets and visa fees
- Premium alcoholic beverages (such as sparkling wine, spirits & dessert), curio store purchases and gratuities (discretionary)
- Community development levy. The Community Development Levy will reflect as a separate line item on all invoices issued. The funds collected will supplement our community projects and initiatives run by the Zambezi Queen Collection to assist with education, health care and basic community services. Rates for 2019 is ZAR 95 per person per night and rates in 2020 are ZAR 100 per person per night.
- Children from the age of 12 are welcome on board
- Children aged 13 years and older are subject to adult rates
- Children on the Zambezi Queen aged 12 will receive a 50% discount on the applicable adult rate
- A 30% single supplement applies to single children
- Standard suites 24 and 26 on the Zambezi Queen are triple rooms which offer a third single bed which can be used for either a third adult or one child. A third person sharing a triple room will receive a 20% discount on the per person sharing rate.
- Please note that no baby sitting services, separate activities or menus are available for children
Departs on a Friday
November 2019 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
December 2019 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
January 2020 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
February 2020 7, 14, 21, 28
March 2020 6, 13, 20, 27
April 2020 3, 10, 17, 24
May 2020 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
June 2020 5, 12, 19, 26
July 2020 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
August 2020 7, 14, 21, 28
September 2020 4, 11, 18, 25
October 2020 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
November 2020 6, 13, 20, 27
December 2020 18, 25
More African Safaris
Don’t believe us, read independent reviews from past clients.
AFRICAN SAFARI SPECIALISTS
Let us design your African safari with a variety of safari destinations – Our expertise includes travel and safaris in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Kenya and Tanzania.
African Welcome Safaris offers a highly personalised service. With a dedicated travel consultant catering to all your travel needs. Our passion is creating your holiday of a lifetime.