Lake Manyara Tree Lodge
Lake Manyara Tree Lodge
Most people think that the famous tree-climbing lions at Lake Manyara have developed their climbing habit to get away from annoying insects. We have our own theory – they’re jealous of our magnificent treehouse suites at Lake Manyara Tree Lodge!
Cradled in the boughs of an ancient mahogany forest, the lodge blends into the natural beauty of its breathtaking surroundings.
The only lodge in Lake Manyara National Park, it offers an exclusive wildlife experience with only ten luxurious yet intimate suites located in a remote corner of the reserve.
Why stay at Lake Manyara Tree Lodge
- Set in the scenic Lake Manyara National Park, famous for its tree climbing lions, large herds of elephant and flamingos
- Spectacular Rift Valley views
- Only lodge in Lake Manyara National Park – wild and remote game viewing experience
- Stilted treehouse suites cradled in the boughs of a mahogany forest
Hidden away high in the trees in a secluded corner of the national park, Lake Manyara Tree Lodge offers a sophisticated blend of natural indulgence and romance. Nestled in dense forest between the lakeshore and the steep Rift Valley escarpment, the lodge is perfectly positioned to explore the park’s wealth of habitats. Set in the remote southern region of the park, you would be surprised to see another vehicle on your game drive.
Each suite is a lofty tree house with private veranda and large windows that open up to the lush forest, welcoming in the sights and sounds of the African bush. Woodchip paths and natural branch railings blur the edges between the natural and the manmade, while wooden interiors and thatched roofs invite the surrounding forest indoors. Spacious bedrooms and sitting rooms float in a sea of green, opening up onto a leafy canopy.
Even a soak in the large, free-standing tub offers a panoramic view, with an open air shower behind a simple bamboo screen.
At Lake Manyara Tree Lodge, the days are designed to thrill you with intimate wildlife encounters and the nights to indulge in the drama and romance of Africa.
- Morning Game Drive – As dawn breaks over the Rift Valley, a gentle tap on your door will wake you to the delights of a new day. Your guide will discuss what you hope to see that day over fragrant tea or coffee and morning biscuits or rusks. Explore the remote southern reaches of the Park in an open 4×4 safari vehicle in the company of your guide. Go in search of elephant, lion or the flocks of flamingo on the shores of the Lake. Your guide will break for a hot drink and a snack to refresh you
- Breakfast – Return to the Lodge for a delicious breakfast, with platters of fruit and cheese followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. Choose from eggs, oats, waffles or a number of other options.
- Lunch – Relax in your leafy treehouse until it is time for lunch or watch your meal being prepared in the interactive kitchen.
- Afternoon Tea – Cool off with a refreshing dip in the Lodge pool or indulge in a siesta. Over a late afternoon tea, your guide will discuss what you hope to see during the afternoon game drive.
- Afternoon Game Drive – Head off in search of the wildlife in the cooler late afternoon. The herds head out to the Lake to drink and bathe before settling down for the night, while the predators are warming up for the night’s hunting. Stop at a scenic spot for sundowners to watch the sun sink under the horizon.
- Dinner – Back at the Lodge, a mouthwatering dinner is waiting in the lamplit boma
More Tanzania Accommodation
Don’t believe us, read independent reviews from past clients.
AFRICAN SAFARI SPECIALISTS
Let us design your African safari with a variety of safari destinations – Our expertise includes travel and safaris in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Kenya and Tanzania.
African Welcome Safaris offers a highly personalised service. With a dedicated travel consultant catering to all your travel needs. Our passion is creating your holiday of a lifetime.