Built as the grand residence and offices to the harbour engineer in the mid-1800’s, Dock House boasts a proud heritage. Dock House is located alongside Timeball Tower in the V&A Waterfront’s Portswood Precint and now, under the guidance of distinguished hotel specialists, Horizon Hotels, this heritage property has undergone a transformation to be recognised as one of Cape Town’s most elite luxury boutique hotels.
Intimate and private, the villa-styled hotel offers five spacious individually decorated rooms – four of which have balconies overlooking the Waterfront’s vibrant harbour area – and one glamorous suite. The suite boasts a private garden and each room is equipped with a stylish private bar and state-of-the-art designer bathroom.
- Individually controlled air conditioning and under floor heating
- En-suite bathrooms with separate bath toilet, shower and heated towel rail
- Luxury bathroom amenities
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Plasma and LCD screen televisions with individual satellite decoders providing 75 channels of viewing pleasure
- High speed wired and wireless internet connectivity
- Electronic safes
- International plugs
- Serviced twice daily
- Luxurious Chinese cotton linen, duck feather and down pillows
- Fully stocked private bar
- Daily newspapers
- 24 hour, personalised, unobtrusive butler-style service
Special Services & Facilities
- Complimentary parking available
- ONEwellness state-of-the-art spa and supervised gym facilities operating from 6:00 – 22:00
- In room hairstylist upon request
- Private gentlemen’s study
- Business Services
- Travel services
- Golf booking and excursion facilities
- Heated outdoor swimming pool with bar and al fresco dining
- Luxury air-conditioned limousine service for airport, city and restaurant transfers
- For absolute exclusivity, the entire Dock House villa may be booked for personal and private use at an additional charge
- The sun-filled morning room will cater for breakfast, private lunches and dinners for residents only
- Half an acre of uninterrupted lawn, in a garden setting providing views of Table Mountain and the Waterfront’s vibrant harbour, making it the ideal venue to host your wedding
With its prime location within the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, guests at Dock House will not be short of easily accessible entertainment options. A host of world-class restaurants, cinemas, craft markets, Nobel Peace Square, Two Oceans Aquarium and Platinum Mile Shopping are all within walking distance of Dock House. The port’s Jetty 2 is also within walking distance, which makes Dock House easily accessible for passengers on board luxury cruise liners.
Other nearby attractions includes:
- Boat Cruises
- Table Mountain
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Cape Point
- Robben Island
- The Winelands
- Township Tours
More Cape Town Accommodation
Don’t believe us, read independent reviews from past clients.
AFRICAN SAFARI SPECIALISTS
Let us design your African safari with a variety of safari destinations – Our expertise includes travel and safaris in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Kenya and Tanzania.
African Welcome Safaris offers a highly personalised service. With a dedicated travel consultant catering to all your travel needs. Our passion is creating your holiday of a lifetime.