Half-Day Durban City Tour – Mornings
Book Now With Activity Bridge
- Drive along and view the ‘Golden Mile’ (Beachfront area).
- Learn more about the City Hall and its humorous history
- Visit the Phansi Museum – home to a collection of Southern African artifacts and traditions, including beadworks, headrests, Zulu clay pots and various other treasures. (closed on Sundays).
- Stop at Durban’s Botanic Gardens, founded in 1849 and home to a fine mix of African, Asian and American Trees.
- Discover the rich Indian history of Durban and experience the first taste of the unique “Bunny Chow” cuisine.
Let us introduce you to Durban, a multicultural City shaped by a complex collaborative history involving the early colonial settlers, the indigenous Zulu population, and the Indian community who arrived as indentured laborers in the 19th century.
To call it a city of contrasts is often an understatement. Our tour begins as we travel along the brand-new Golden Mile, the revitalized beachfront promenade which hugs the beckoning beaches of Durban.
We move through the City, viewing the majestic City Hall, and enjoying its humorous history!
Then we uncover the past’s harsh system of labour control at the original offices of The Kwa Muhle Museum (closed Sundays).
From history to nature, we visit the peaceful Durban Botanic Gardens founded in 1849, a treasure trove of massive trees from Asia, Africa and America, and a magnificent orchid house.
Lastly, in harmony with Indian culture and history, you’re going local…taste a unique Bunny Chow, traditional ‘take-away’ food of the Indian community… indeed of all South Africans!
We then conclude with a visit to an icon of Kwazulu Natal, the Moses Mabhida Stadium where you will have the option of experiencing the cable car ride (own account) to the top of the Stadium for that phenomenal view of Durban and its surroundings.
Jan 2021 – 31 October 2022
ZAR 640 per adult
Minimum 2 guests | Departs daily ±09h00 | Ends ±12h30 | Duration ±3½ hrs | Includes return transfers from Durban beachfront hotels
More Durban Day Tours
Don’t believe us, read independent reviews from past clients.
AFRICAN SAFARI SPECIALISTS
Let us design your African safari with a variety of safari destinations – Our expertise includes travel and safaris in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Kenya and Tanzania.
African Welcome Safaris offers a highly personalised service. With a dedicated travel consultant catering to all your travel needs. Our passion is creating your holiday of a lifetime.